8th Annual 5k/10k Run for the Legend
2014 Run for the Legend
Photo by Kimberly Johnson
The Airborne & Special Operations Museum Foundation will hold it’s 8th Annual 5K/10K Run for the Legend on Saturday, June 6, at 8am. All donations and proceeds from the event support the museum’s operational and educational programs and activities.
Interested in Helping Out?
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the race. If you’re interested in volunteering or have a friend or family member that is…have them contact us! For more information, please contact Catherine Hodge at (910) 643-2773 or email@example.com.
The ASOMF Run for the Legend is sanctioned by USA Track & Field (USATF). The USATF certified course begins and ends on the Hay Street side of the museum. Atlantic Coast Timing Systems will time the participants. The top three men and women in each race will receive trophies. The top three men and women in their age group will receive medals. Registration is available online through active.com as well as through the Museum. Participants may turn in their forms and entry fee in the museum gift shop, or mail them to the museum. Strollers, wagons, and well behaved, leashed dogs are permitted, but will be asked to start in the back. Free T-shirts are limited to the first 500 participants.
Registration and Fees
- $20 for early registration, $25 for late (after June 4 @3pm).
- Register on Active.com-Run For the Legend
- Print out a 2015 Registration Form
- Regsiter in the ASOM Gift Shop
- Day of registration will be available beginning at 6:30am.
- Group rates are available, but not through Active.com. Please call (910) 643-2773 to qualify for a group discount. Groups of 5-10 will receive $3 off per runner. Groups of 11-20 will receive $4 off per runner. If you have a group of over 20, more information will be provided on your discount when you call.
Click here to donate to 8th Annual ASOMF Run for the Legend
Run for the Legend 5K Route
Run for the Legend 10K Route
Pre-Race Pasta Dinner
This year’s Pre-Race Pasta Dinner is from 5:30 to 7:30pm on Friday, June 5. The public is invited to attend this dinner at the museum for Parmesan Bowtie pasta, Farfalle tossed with olive oil, herbs and spices finished with Parmesan cheese and Marinara sauce. Also included are French cut green beans, roasted red potatoes and iced tea. The meal is being provided by Fireside Restaurant.
Pre-registration deadline for the meal is June 1.
Registered Runners -$8
Children under 12 – $5
At the Door-$12