Subscribe to Us
Be the first to know about upcoming programs, events, exhibitions, and more.
Join our mailing list to receive Museum updates and event information. The quarterly newsletter provides general information about upcoming events and Museum news. Special event updates will also be sent to you as reminders for our biggest events throughout the year, including special focus exhibits, book signings, and much more!
Stay in touch with the Museum and be the first to hear about events, exhibitions and special offers by signing up for our free email newsletter
Click here to join our mailing list!
This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal information.
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our server.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the site (such as buying an item);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase and/or ship an item;
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in an ad-customization program, simply indicate your preference by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services and targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Your information is stored on our server located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Data Security Capabilities
The ASOMF uses the CounterPoint V7 point of sales system. CounterPoint V7 and CounterPoint SQL are approved by Visa as PCI-Validated Payment Applications. CPGateway and CPOnline comply with the Payment Card Industry’s (PCI) Data Security Standards and are approved by Visa as PCI-Compliant Service Providers. As PCI-Validated Payment Applications, CounterPoint V7 and CounterPoint SQL adhere to all Cardholder Information Security Program (PCI) and Payment Application Best Practices (PABP) guidelines. In addition, both versions of CounterPoint include numerous features that enable merchants to implement a fully PCI-compliant system.