ASOM Artifact Donation Policy
While we are always open to donations, the Department of the Army and the Center for Military History have strict regulations and policies concerning the donation of artifacts. Please review the following information before contacting us with potential donations. Generally, artifacts must have a connection to Airborne and Special Operations and meet at least one of the following criteria to be considered for acceptance:
-Rare or one of a kind item
-Connection to a historically significant person, unit, operation, battle, event, etc.
The museum does not accept memorabilia or commemorative items (trophies, plaques, coins etc.)
The donation process:
1. Read the above information
2. If you believe that you have an item that meets the criteria listed above please contact email@example.com
– Provide a description of the item, where it came from, how you obtained it etc.
– Provide photos if possible.
– Let us know how the item meets the criteria listed above: Tell us the artifact’s story.
3. We will respond to you as soon as possible
How You Can Help
We are enormously grateful for the number of donations which have helped us create a collection which represents the mission of our museum. As we look for ways in which we can improve our educational impact, we are seeking the following items:
- OSS artifacts, stories, and pictures
- Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom items
- POW histories, pictures, and artifacts
- Specific/unique Special Forces, Ranger, Civil Affairs and/or PSYOP missions
- Unique items from foreign interactions during Airborne & Special Operations Activities worldwide
We are particularly interested in artifacts related to the following operations:
– Operation EAGLE CLAW (Iran)
– Operation URGENT FURY (Grenada)
– Operation JUST CAUSE (Panama)
– Operation DESERT STORM/SHIELD (Iraq)
– Operation RESTORE HOPE/PROVIDE RELIEF (Somalia)
– Operation GOTHIC SERPENT (Somalia, Task Force Ranger)
– Operation UPHOLD DEMOCRACY (Haiti)
– Operation JOINT ENDEAVOR/JOINT GUARD/JOINT FORGE (Bosnia)
– Special Forces operations in Central/South America in the 1980s
We are always seeking clothing, equipment, and weapons which are relevant to airborne and special operations units including those of foreign provenance.