Civic Organization Events
The U.S. Army Airborne and Special Operations Museum’s mission is to collect, preserve, research, accurately interpret, and communicate the U.S. Army’s Airborne and Special Operations history and material culture from 1940 to the present. We try to accommodate all Civic Organization requests. Please keep in mind that we are a museum with a small staff and limited resources.
Civic events are approved on a case by case basis.
Please note: we receive many requests for our facilities and they fill up quickly. Please provide a minimum three week notice when requesting your date.
Civic Organizations events include:
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Veterans Organizations
- Boy/Girl Scouts
The museum has a smaller theater that is used to show a rotating collection of educational and entertaining films related to the airborne and special operations. There are 40 fixed, upholstered, theater style seats facing an area with ample space for presentations. No food or beverages permitted.
The lobby is 5,000 square feet of terrazzo floor that is highlighted by five-story glass walls and 16 large round columns. In the center of it all is a fully deployed parachute and paratrooper behind a brushed aluminum rail. A second parachute is deployed overhead, and unit lineages and honors grace the walls. The lobby area accommodates 300 guests reception style, or 150 guests seated at round tables. The lobby has restricted use during the normal hours of operation of the museum. No food or beverages allowed.
Located on the Hay Street side of the museum, the gardens are a fresh air way to experience the museum. The walkways are lined with granite pavers engraved with the names of soldiers, family members, and other supporters of the museum. No food or beverages allowed.
General Facility Guidelines for Civic Organizations:
- Request subject to approval. If you have not received a reply within 7 days, contact ASOM POC to obtain status.
- Requestor will contact ASOM POC for approval of any changes to this request.
- ASOM is closed for maintenance/cleaning every Monday.
- Requestor is responsible for providing all required equipment to include tables, chairs, flags, etc.
- There is no podium available.
- ASOM does not provide AV support, but does have a projector system which does not support sound.
- Due to requirements, space and high demand, events are limited to two-hour time blocks.
- Requestor will clean the area and remove all trash from inside and outside of the facility.
- Absolutely no food or drink allowed either inside the Museum or in the Reflection Garden, except for bottled water.
- Ceremonies must be held during normal operating hours, Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 AM-4:00 PM only
- Early access for setup not authorized.
- The ASOM is a public institution, the event cannot disrupt normal museum operations or public access.
- ASOM front doors will remain locked until museum opening time at 10:00 AM.
- Events must be concluded and the area must be cleaned no later than 4:00 PM.
No outside fundraising!