Civic Organization Event Request Form
Civic Organizations events include:
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Veterans Organizations
- Boy/Girl Scouts
Click below to access the Civic Organization request form. Once it is completed, please email Scott Pelletier, U.S. Army Airborne & Special Operations Museum Curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASOM COVID-19 Considerations for Events (effective September 24, 2020)
- Theater capacity strictly limited to 25 persons. This includes participants, guests, ushers etc.
- Outdoor (Reflection Garden) strictly limited to 50 persons. This includes participants, guests, ushers etc.
- Lobby and small theater are not available for ceremonies.
- The above considerations are based on current local, state, and federal guidelines and are subject to change at any time. Please contact the ASOM POC a few days prior to your event for updates.
The theater features 230 upholstered seats with ample handicap spaces in a stadium style configuration. A 30 foot by 40-foot screen covers the main wall. Several large format movies designed and filmed for the museum shows modern airborne and special operations units in action. The theater is available for viewing the museum’s film, formal ceremonies, or program seminars. No food or beverages allowed.
The museum has a smaller theater that is used to show a rotating collection of educational and entertaining films related to the airborne and special operations. There are 40 fixed, upholstered, theater style seats facing an area with ample space for presentations. No food or beverages permitted.
Lobby and Special Exhibit Gallery
The lobby is 5,000 square feet of terrazzo floor that is highlighted by five-story glass walls and 16 large round columns. In the center of it all is a fully deployed parachute and paratrooper behind a brushed aluminum rail. A second parachute is deployed overhead, and unit lineages and honors grace the walls. The adjoining Special Exhibit Gallery without an exhibit display can accommodate 110 guests for a standing reception. The lobby area accommodates 300 guests reception style, or 150 guests seated at round tables. The lobby has restricted use during the normal hours of operation of the museum.
Located on the Hay Street side of the museum, the gardens are a fresh air way to experience the museum. The walkways are lined with granite pavers engraved with the names of soldiers, family members, and other supporters of the museum.
General Facility Guidelines for Civic Organizations:
- Events are free of charge
- Check in at the Information Desk upon arrival
- Fundraising is strictly prohibited
- Requestor is responsible for providing all required equipment to include tables, chairs, podium, flags, etc.
- ASOM does not provide AV support. Requestor must bring all projectors, computers, PA systems etc.
- Due to limited space and high demand, events are limited to two-hour time blocks.
- Requestor will clean the area and remove all trash from inside and outside of the facility.
- Backpacks or large bags (larger than an average sized purse) are not permitted
- Absolutely no food or drink allowed inside of the Museum. Food and drink are permitted in our Reflection Garden. Please have an inclement weather plan. Moving receptions/food/drink/cakes etc. inside is not an option.
- The ASOM is a public institution, the event cannot disrupt normal museum operations or public access.
- If your group would like to ride the Pritzker Simulator, tickets can be purchased in the museum gift shop at the group rate of $5 per person.
- Events must be concluded, area cleaned etc. NLT 1600
The Airborne and Special Operations Museum is a U.S. Army Museum with the mission to collect, preserve, research, accurately interpret, and communicate the U.S. Army’s airborne and special operations history and material culture from 1940 to the present. We try to accommodate all event requests from civic organizations. Please keep in mind that we are a museum first and foremost with a small staff and limited budget.